Sometimes teeth have to be removed if they have become loose or have been irreparably damaged by decay or trauma.
Extraction of the affected tooth boosts your dental health, enabling you to focus on caring for the remaining teeth and gums.
While we always try to keep your natural teeth in place, sometimes extraction is the only treatment that will guarantee your overall long-term dental health.
At Fitzroy Dental Practice, we always try to ensure that our tooth extractions are quick, and virtually pain free.
Our dentists can carry out most extractions within the clinic under local anaesthetic and with expert aftercare advice to make the entire process as easy and stress-free as possible.
REASONS TO EXTRACT TEETH
Extractions are undertaken for various reasons:
- Damage or decay too extensive for a filling or crown
- A severe breakage from trauma or accident
- An overcrowded mouth requiring teeth removal before orthodontic treatment
- Tooth damage from repeated root canal treatments
- Periodontal disease weakening the gums and jawbone and loosening teeth
- Age-weakened teeth and/or gums
- Impacted wisdom teeth
Each extraction is unique and demands careful planning. Some patients requiring multiple extractions choose to have this done under general anaesthetic. In these circumstances, we refer them to their nearest dental hospital.
For more information or to book an appointment, please click here or call 02073873317.