VENEERS IN WESTMINSTER
Do you have badly stained or damaged teeth? Are there gaps between your teeth? If so, our cosmetic dentist in Westminster will offer you porcelain dental veneers to enhance the shape and look of your teeth.
Veneers are a thin shell applied to the teeth and used to correct elements such as their size, shape or colour. They are usually made of composite material or porcelain. We work with some of the best dental laboratories in Westminster who produce unique porcelain veneers in Westminster, custom-made for you.
BENEFITS OF PORCELAIN VENEERS IN WESTMINSTER
- Strength and durability – These veneers are made of solid, sturdy material, ensuring that you can still enjoy your favourite meals while wearing them.
- Permanence – Veneers in Westminster are designed to last for at least 10 to 15 years if you maintain proper dental health and hygiene.
- Great fit – Teeth impressions are sent to the dental laboratory which then assembles the veneers to fit your individual teeth perfectly.
- Simplicity and speed – Veneers can be fitted after just two visits to the dental clinic in Westminster.
- Stain resistance – Your veneers are highly stain-resistant so will remain white and shiny even when you drink tea, coffee and other foods that discolour your natural teeth.
- Great cosmetic results – These veneers transform broken, stained, chipped, split, and misaligned teeth. They are used for cosmetic reasons, mainly on the visible teeth at the front of the mouth.
- Short recovery time – Immediately the treatment is finished, you can carry on your day as normal, with no side-effects.
- Combined benefits – Veneers improve the regularity and appearance of your front teeth. They also combine well with tooth whitening procedures which can lighten the shade of any stained and discoloured teeth, giving you the best smile of your life.
- Confidence boost – Your immaculate new smile will make you feel good about yourself and boost your confidence.
DECIDING ON PORCELAIN VENEERS IN WESTMINSTER
At Fitzroy Dental Practice in Westminster;
- We discuss the areas you want to improve and advise on which procedures are right for you.
- You then choose the shade of veneers you want.
- Your teeth and gums may need specific preparation such as gum contouring or removing old filling
- We map the shape of your teeth and custom-make your dental veneers.
- Our dentist checks the shape of your new teeth to ensure they fit properly and resemble your natural teeth, enhancing your smile.
AFTERCARE FOR DENTAL VENEERS IN WESTMINSTER
After the procedure, your gums may feel slightly sore. This is normal and the discomfort will ease within a few days. Maintaining veneers is easy as they require the same care as natural teeth. Regular brushing, flossing, routine check-ups and dental appointments in Westminster will keep the veneers looking good for years.
Our dentists in Westminster will discuss the different options available and supply a list of the best ways to care for your veneers. For more details and tips on maintaining veneers, call us at 02073873317
Oral hygiene habits
Good oral habits are crucial, including brushing with fluoride toothpaste twice a day and daily flossing. Mouthwash also helps to lessen the risk of gum disease and tooth decay.
A veneer friendly diet
To prevent a noticeable colour contrast between your natural teeth and your new veneers, you should initially avoid certain food and drink that cause staining, such as black tea, coffee and red wine. We highly recommend that anyone receiving porcelain veneers should stop smoking and avoid nicotine.
Routine dental examinations
Routine six-monthly check-ups and professional cleaning will enable the Westminster dentist to detect any problems early and deal with them before they become serious.
If you tend to grind your teeth, we suggest you wear a night guard to prevent your veneers from getting worn down.
Porcelain veneers – the benefits.
- Remove the need for tooth drilling or injections Patients receive local anesthesia to keep them comfortable during the procedure.
- Provide a natural smile, especially when several are done at once. Few options match the aesthetic result of porcelain veneers.
- Will not stain if looked after properly.
- Can be quickly fitted within a few appointments.
- Give teeth a straighter more regular appearance instantly, when there is mild tooth crowding. By contrast, most orthodontic treatments take several months.
COST OF DENTAL VENEERS IN WESTMINSTER AT OUR CLINIC
The charges for dental veneers in Westminster at our practice vary from patient to patient, depending on the state of their teeth. As a guide, these usually start around £900 with free consultation.
WHY CHOOSE FITZROY DENTAL FOR VENEERS IN WESTMINSTER?
We are renowned for our cosmetic dentistry procedures in Westminster, including veneers. Our lead dentist in Westminster Dr. Asif Hamid has more than 20 years of experience in cosmetic dentistry and uses advanced technology for the dental procedures in Westminster that we offer. We are dedicated to improving your dental health and giving you the best smile of your life. We also help anxious and nervous patients to feel relaxed during their procedures. We are proud of our caring, top-quality service and prompt results. Contact us for more details of the cost of porcelain veneers in Westminster.
SOME FAQS ON DENTAL VENEERS
DO I NEED A VENEER?
Many people choose veneers when teeth whitening fails to remedy staining and discoloration.
HOW MANY APPOINTMENTS WILL I REQUIRE FOR A DENTAL VENEER?
You will usually need just two appointments, one to prepare and take an impression of your tooth or teeth, and the second to fit the veneer. However some types of veneer require rather more work over several appointments. We will advise you of the likely schedule when we discuss the best treatment options for you.
WHAT KIND OF VENEER IS SUITABLE FOR ME?
Many people love porcelain veneers as they look more natural than composite veneers. They are also long-lasting and highly stain-resistant.
ARE VENEERS BAD FOR MY TEETH?
Veneers do not harm your teeth. Some people may ask for veneers when they are not needed but we will always give honest advice on the treatments we believe will give you the best smile possible.
HOW WILL THE VENEER BE FIXED TO MY TOOTH?
A veneer is usually fixed to the tooth with strong dental adhesive. The dentist prepares the tooth by removing a thin layer of enamel to produce a smooth surface.
HOW LONG WILL VENEERS LAST?
Dental veneers usually last for 5 to 10 years. They do not need special care apart from brushing, flossing and regular visits to the dentist. With proper care and maintenance – ideally 6-monthly professional cleaning and yearly tests – they will last a long time.
WHAT FOODS CAN I EAT AND WHAT SHOULD I AVOID?
You can eat most food. We suggest soft foods in the first few days until you get used to the new veneers, but few restrictions after that. However, you should stay away from ice, hard sweets, toffee apples, hard rolls, hard nuts, popcorn and pumpkin seeds that might dislodge the veneer.
CAN VENEERS FIX MY CROOKED TEETH?
Yes, dental veneers are used to make crooked teeth appear straight, lighten their colour, improve alignment, close gaps between the teeth and improve their shape.
CAN VENEERS STAIN MY TEETH?
Veneers will not stain or discolour teeth as the materials used are stain-resistant. However, some veneers can discolour through diet and lifestyle. They may change colour over several years as the veneer ages.
CAN I REMOVE AND REPLACE MY VENEERS?
Yes, you can remove and replace your veneers. Most have a life of between 5 and 20 years, so you may have to change them several times during your lifetime. Once you have had veneers, with enamel removed from your tooth for fitting, you will need to wear them throughout your life
WILL MY NEW VENEERS MATCH WITH OTHER TEETH?
The veneers are matched with your existing teeth during the cosmetic procedure designed to create the best smile of your life. before the teeth are reshaped. Some people get their teeth whitened before veneers are fitted, to ensure the best possible colour match.
HOW STRONG ARE MY VENEERS?
Porcelain veneers are extremely strong although porcelain is a form of glass that can crack when a strong force is applied to it.
WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN VENEERS?
Other options include:
- Teeth whitening to lessen discoloration
- Dental bonding for chips, breakages and minor cracks
- Restoration with dental bridges or crowns
- Customised crowns and other restorations created in the dental lab.
- Dental implants to replace missing or lost teeth
For more details about teeth veneers in Westminster:
Book an appointment with our dentists and get expert treatment fast.