DENTAL IMPLANTS MAYFAIR
This revolutionary dental technology restores patients’ natural smiles, gives them fully functioning teeth and improves their quality of life.
The screw takes the place of the root in the missing tooth while the prosthetic tooth is designed to look and feel like the original one.
An implant is made up of two sections:
- An artificial root formed of a metal or ceramic screw (usually biocompatible titanium or zirconia ) which is precisely placed in the jawbone.
- A false or prosthetic tooth placed on top of the artificial root (dental implant).
Your body quickly accepts the two-part implant in your mouth as eating and chewing feel completely natural. Dental implants in Mayfair also help retain your facial structure.
DR ASIF HAMID, our resident prosthodontist in Mayfair will explore your oral condition and explain whether or not he feels an implant is right for you.
TYPES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS IN MAYFAIR CLINIC
- Single tooth implant in Mayfair: Dental implant for your single missing tooth.
- Implant Retained Denture in Mayfair: Dentures fixed or stabilized with implants.
- All On 4, All On 6 And Same Day Teeth in Mayfair: Fully fixed sets of teeth which can be fitted in a day.
BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
- They look and feel like natural teeth in your mouth.
- They don’t affect natural functions such as chewing and speaking.
- They can last considerably longer than alternatives like dentures and bridges.
- They do not depend on adjacent teeth to keep them in place.
- They can slow down the rate of bone loss.
- They can be cleaned more easily than dental bridges.
- A prothetic tooth securely fixed to a dental implant can boost your confidence and quality of life.
DENTAL IMPLANTS PROCEDURE IN MAYFAIR
When considering possible dental implants, we assess the quality and quantity of your jawbone which should have sufficient mass to hold the metal screw in place. Our expert prosthodontist in Mayfair uses CT scans and X-Rays to make a detailed assessment. If this shows that you are suitable for a dental implants in Mayfair, we take impressions of your teeth to create exactly the right size and shape of prosthetic tooth. The treatment has three stages:
Step 1: Thorough planning
Thorough assessment and proper planning is needed to determine the anatomy of the jaw and the shape and density of the bone plus the precise size of implant required.
The implant is normally positioned under local anaesthetic and when several are involved, we usually recommend Intravenous Sedation as this is a long procedure. Sedation means you will be relaxed and conscious but may not remember any of the process.
Step 2: The surgery
During the surgery, a small flap of gum is raised to prepare the bone. After this, the titanium implant is screwed into the socket and the gum is stitched over the implant. These screws come in different shapes and sizes, and our surgeon will select the right size to replace your missing teeth. If there are inadequate levels of bone, a bone graft may be needed to enable the implant to be inserted.
Step 3: The Restoration Stage
It can take up to 6 months for the screw to become fully fixed in the jaw, so you will be fitted with a temporary false tooth during the healing process. Once this is complete, your permanent replacement tooth is attached.
AFTERCARE OF TOOTH IMPLANT
You have to care for implants just as you would natural teeth. It is crucial to follow a good oral health and hygiene regime, brushing twice a day and flossing daily for a clean, healthy mouth. Routine dental check-ups in Mayfair are also vital to keep the implant in good condition.
COST OF DENTAL IMPLANTS IN MAYFAIR
The cost of first and second stage implant surgery at our clinic starts at £1600 and depends on the condition of your jawbone and gums. We offer different payment options including low-interest credit and 0% finance.
WHY CHOOSE US FOR YOUR IMPLANT SURGERY IN MAYFAIR
- We work with a dedicated team of dentists, oral care surgeons and dental experts in Mayfair
- We emphasise the importance of thorough, personalised consultations to create the perfect treatment plan for you.
- We provide X-Rays and same day expert treatment
- We offer affordable treatment options to suit your budget
SOME FAQS ON DENTAL IMPLANTS
IS THE IMPLANT PROCEDURE RIGHT FOR ME?
Yes. Even if your jawbone is in poor condition, the Fitzroy Dental Practice surgical team will make sure you are in the best health possible before they insert the implant. Our dental implant specialist in Mayfair treats many patients who have been refused treatment at other practices and we offer zygomatic implants to patients whose jawbone is severely damaged.
WHY WILL I NEED AN IMPLANT?
- If you are missing a front tooth/teeth and do not want to wear a denture, bridging the teeth is the wrong option to improve your appearance.
- If you have lost back teeth and cannot chew properly, implants can help to restore their function.
- If you have a denture but dislike wearing it, implant-retained crowns, dentures or bridges may work better for you.
- We have affordable treatment options to suit your budget
HOW PAINFUL IS THE PROCEDURE?
Our team of dentists in Mayfair at the Implant Clinic Mayfair places implants under local anaesthetic, keeping patients virtually pain-free apart from the minor discomfort of the anaesthesia. You may feel a little discomfort and pain after the surgery and some tenderness for the next few days. However, most patients cannot believe how easy and near-painless the entire procedure is.
HOW SOON AFTER LOSING A TOOTH SHOULD I GET AN IMPLANT?
Dental implants treatment in Mayfair takes several weeks or months to complete. We recommend starting the implant procedure as soon as you lose your natural tooth or teeth, to prevent bone from collapsing. If your condition needs a natural tooth to be extracted to make way for an implant, we include that in your customized treatment plan too.
HOW DO I LOOK AFTER MY IMPLANTS?
You should care for your implants as you would your natural teeth, brushing twice a day and flossing daily. You should also arrange regular dental check-ups for mouth cleaning, which helps to maintain good oral health and hygiene over a long period.
WHAT IS THE SUCCESS RATE FOR IMPLANTS PROCEDURES?
Our surgical team of dentists has an outstanding track record of successful implant procedures. We are confident we can help you to achieve the results you want. We offer our patients affordable tooth implant charges in Mayfair.
SHOULD I CHANGE MY DIET AFTER THE TREATMENT?
We recommend eating soft foods during your recovery to enable the implants to heal completely. Once the implants are bedded in and the jawbone has accepted the titanium successfully, there are no further dietary restrictions.
HOW LONG WILL AN IMPLANT LAST?
Dental implantology in Mayfair has been used successfully for the past 30 years. The longevity of the implants often depends on the health of their recipient, ie if the recipient remains healthy and takes good care of the implants, they could remain in place for a number of years..
Are you considering a tooth implant in Mayfair? Book an initial consultation with our dentists at Fitzroy Dental Practice today for prompt effective treatment.